Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default GMB Union

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:25:47 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

He is very confused. For e.g., he
defends the current planning laws, which
are clearly Stalinist and have clearly
not served the people in 60 years. I
advocate tearing them down to something
sensible allowing feedom, sort out
the land ownership problem as 0.66%
of the population own about 70% of the
land, which is a big problem in itself,
and allow market forces dictate
housing demand. In sort - freedom. If
I want to build a fine house in a
corner of a pretty field then I should
be allowed to. Then he calls me a
commie.

On the one hand, you are advocating
the removal or substantial
liberalisation of planning legislation,
on the argument of creating a
free market.

Matt, that is clear.

In fact, I don't have particularly
strong views on planning legislation

You do.

other than its somewhat
arbitrary nature.

More lunacy. Arbitrary? To get house built you need a letter from God.

However, on the other hand you
are suggesting that there should be
what amounts to a forced redistribution
of legally held land assets by
imposition of a draconian taxation.

What would this Draconian taxation be?

Either this is a muddle,

You are in a muddle.

or you are being inconsistent.

I am solid all the way down.

In a free market, one can own,
buy and sell assets and is not forced to do so
for some ideology.

Land is NOT an asset. Land is NOT a commodity. It is finite. Because of
this simple fact it is clear that it should not be in the hands of a few.
Other countries realise this and make it is not. We can make as a many
washing machines as we want, but that is not the case with land. The UK is
the only developed country that still has its land in the hands of a few
thousand families. Land Value Tax will sort it all out and tax the "value"
of land. Land can't be taken off-shore. The people will gain more in
revenue. A man's labour will not be punished by income tax, in which the
more you work the more you pay - ludicrous. Or Council tax, in which you
improve your home and you pay more tax - ludicrous.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,1656658,00.html

Matt, you still clearly a confused sycophant.