Set Square

Default wasps eating teak furniture

Set Square wrote:
Martin Crook wrote:

Wasps are turning the garden furniture into their nests! The
problem is that there are enough of them to make sitting/eating on
the furniture rather an unpleasant experience of late - does anyone
have any ideas, we've tried sprigs of herbs etc but to no effect,
we would rather not use teak oil on the furniture (prefer silvered
look), I'm not sure if it would help in any case.

Martin

Find the nest and *EXTERMINATE* it. Sorry Mary!

Is the OP sure that it's wasps? Anyway if they're drilling holes in
the furniture they aren't ordinary wasps and I suspect they're
solitary ones so finding a 'nest' will be a little difficult.

Well, I've just had to have a wasp nest destroyed in my attic - and the man
who did it told me that the nest was made of chewed up bits of fence panel.

--
Cheers,
Set Square