Posted to uk.d-i-y
WM

Default Light Sensitive Light Fittings

On Wed 07 Dec 2005 12:35:06, Kev wrote:

Has anybody use the type that fit into a bayonet fitting. I
bought a couple to use when I am on holiday but they don't seem
to be very reliable as they aren't coming on when it turns dark.
If I then switch them off then on they will come on and off
again at the preset time but then won't come on again when it
gets dark. I am now thinking of fitting on the light switch one
of those immersion heater timers.

I have got this unit:
http://www.timeguard.com/details.php?product=34

One OFF-ON-OFF sets (a) light sensitive mode or (b) permanently-on
timed mode. The unit confirms which is which by flashing back either
one or twice.

The light sensitive option usually seems ok, Although I tend to take
off the lampshade to make sure the sensor gets enough light to work
with.

They say don't use a dimmer with this.