Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.real-estate-agents
JerryL

Default HOAs - your opinions?

When people look for clues like this what they are looking for is an idea
of who their neighbors are. As I said before, just because an HOA doesn't
let some guy use his washer as a planter that doesn't suddenly make him
a desirable neighbor to have. It's a slippery slope to decide what is
or is not acceptable for your neighbors. Too many kids with toys
scattered everywhere? Wrong color living room? Too many cars? Obnoxious
wife? You cannot legislate who your neighbors are, which is what HOAs
try to do.

You know what would change the value of a house to me? If it was part of
an HOA. I definitely view it as undesirable. Rubbish scattered around is
something that can be taken care of at the municipal level.

Dimitri

Do you own your own house? I'm jusst wondering if you put your money where
your mouth is.