Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

Default What would be a decent set of 'loaner-tools'?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks, I will check out the Pittsburgh brand.

I mentioned neighbors, but I also have 3 brother-in-laws who I think
have a couple screwdrivers and a handful of sockets (but no socket
wrench) between them, sigh.....

That one is easy- run out this week and get homeowner's or starter mechanics
sets for them for Xmas. The $150 bucks for the wally world or sams clubs
sets will be worth it in goodwill and dinner invites from your sisters.

The good tools I keep in the house. The 'disposable' tools go in the trunk
of the car for road trips. Haven't got the garage set up yet, since I just
moved in six months ago, but I don't think good tools, the small ones at
least, will be out there unless I can get the humidity under control. Even
if they do, they will be in a box, not on a pegboard, since the work is
usually elsewhere.

aem sends...