Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Balderstone

Default Patching drywall from electrical work

In article .com,
Charlie wrote:

I tried just using spackle/paste around the edges, but the problem I
ran into was that it was difficult to keep the hole piece flat and
flush with the existing ceiling. How can I patch this effectively?

If I understand correctly... Slide a board (1 x 2 or 1 x 3) into the
hole. Cut a piece of dryeway close to the diameter of the hole. Screw
the patch piece to the backing board. Use some monofilament or strong
thread to pull the board tight so you can drive the screw. You can also
drive screws through the intact ceiling to anchor the board and then
patch over the screws.

Now, finish to match the ceiling.

--
The moral difference between a soldier and a civilian is that the soldier
accepts personal responsibility for the safety of the body politic of which he