Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default What would be a decent set of 'loaner-tools'?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I moved into my house a year or so ago, and the neighbors are starting
to notice the tools on the peg-board, tool chests, etc in the garage.

So one comes over a few days ago to borrow an 8mm wrench, the first one
I could find was a nice Kobalt (the kind made by a company owned by
Snap-On Williams?), now made by ????)...

Well, you know the story, he can't remember where he put it, yada,
yada, yada...

So my question is, what would be a half-way decent (non-dangerous,
don't want to get sued if the tool breaks) set of 'loaner' tools? Or
should I be a pri$k, and not loan out tools period?

The HF tools will be fine (Pittsburgh brand I believe, lifetime warranty).
That's what I get for tool rolls for my vehicles. Cheap when I lose them
in the mud and snow (I do a lot of 4 wheeling) and I have yet to break one.
My philosophy on HF is this: If it's got a plug on it, don't buy it
(although their Central Machinery stuff is pretty decent....stay away from
Chicago Electric). I've found their pneumatics to work just fine and be a
fraction of the cost of the Senco's, etc.... For $30, you could come up
with a pretty good set of "loaner" handtools....
Cheers,
cc