Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

Default What would be a decent set of 'loaner-tools'?

wrote in
oups.com:

I moved into my house a year or so ago, and the neighbors are starting
to notice the tools on the peg-board, tool chests, etc in the garage.

So one comes over a few days ago to borrow an 8mm wrench, the first one
I could find was a nice Kobalt (the kind made by a company owned by
Snap-On Williams?), now made by ????)...

Well, you know the story, he can't remember where he put it, yada,
yada, yada...

So my question is, what would be a half-way decent (non-dangerous,
don't want to get sued if the tool breaks) set of 'loaner' tools? Or
should I be a pri$k, and not loan out tools period?

If you want to loan out your tools,ask for something like their driver's
license,major credit card,or auto title first.
Something they are not going to want to do without.
They get it back when the tool is returned,*in good condition*.

(I know guys who can ruin a drill bit in one use,and can overheat a corded
drill to the point it stops working)

Buying an extra set of tools for loaning out is nuts.
If you don't trust them with your tools,don't loan them out.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik