Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default Granite Tile question

"Don" wrote in message
I am not sure how I would test it. I did give a tile a nice little drop and
it did not crack. I guess thats a good sign!

Thanks for all the help

You could also put some water and other stuff (mustard and grape juice work
well) on it to test for stain uptake and put it near but not on the stove
for heat resistance or place a hot pot on a sample to verify it won't crack.
(it would do better mortared in but it is a test). Get the store to put a
sample of the stone sealer on your sample to see if it will change color or
appearance.

You indicated granite but if you change, beware green and red marble require
special adhesive.