Posted to alt.home.repair
JohnR66

Default Who has bought a snow blower recently?

wrote in message
I live in Central Ohio and we get an occasional snowfall in excess of 6
inches but 2 - 3 inches seems to be more the norm when it snows.

I have an MTD/YardMan 5.5 hp Tecumseh engine with a 21" width that works
just fine for this type of moderate snowfall. I had a hard time
justifying
$900 or so for a snowthrower when it doesn't get used even weekly during
the
winter. The YardMan is a single stage that was about $375 new.

If I am out of town on business, my wife or son can use the electric
start.
I don't mind shoveling but it's nice to get the driveway/walks cleared
quickly before heading off to work.

Don't screw around with the toys, get yourself a real blower. This will send
the snow back to where it came from!
http://www.v8snowblowers.com/id15.html