Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Too_Many_Tools

Default recommendations for a digital camera that excels at closeups?

"I would think that even poor dial-up surfers would prefer to be able
to see very detailed, highest quality pictures of the items that they
are buying.

Sellers (like myself) can include clickable thumbnails in their
auctions. That lets users see things at a glance and, at the same
time, see great detail by clicking on thumbnails. "

Ig, I have a rule that anyone who makes something should be forced to
use their creation....anyone who sends LARGE files should have to
receive them on a 20K dialup.

The last numbers I saw indicate that over 60% of Internet usage is
still dialup. So one can assume that 60% of Ebay users are dialup. That
means the majority of your prospective buyers are dialup. Ever try to
look at an auction that has LARGE pictures, graphic content, popups
over dialup? You can't...the Ebay connection will hang on you. By using
LARGE pictures in an Ebay auction you are effectively reducing your
prospective buyer pool by 60%. Does this sound like a good return for
your effort? Add the extremely slow loading that Ebay is (it is the
slowest site I visit with page refreshes of several minutes) and using
LARGE pictures and you will substantially reduce the final selling
price of anything you sell on Ebay...the people with the money can't
see your auction.

And another example....I was trying to buy some tools from a seller who
insisted on sending me multi megabyte pictures that took HOURS to
download. The seller would not/could not send me smaller pictures The
end result....no sale.

Don't even get me started about people who send video clips...

TMT