Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Alternatives to a Septic Tank...??

On 19 Dec 2005 08:39:25 -0800, Mike wrote:

Thanks

If the septic tank, or suitable alternative, wasn't situated on the
land of the house I don't think I'd buy it in case it put off potential
purchasers when I decided to sell on in the future.

Don;t be. That is where yoiu need a lawyer: You come to a binding
arrangement (is it an easement? ) to mave use of the land for a specific
purpose.

Its no worse than being on a private road, for example.

I've heard about biomass (is that the correct word?) systems on tv in
the past.

I wonder if this has to be situated a certain distance from the house
also...?

I suspect so.

Is it really 15 meters?

I thought it was 5 meters...

I'd certainly be happy with a klargy IN the house meself...absolutely no
smell (until they stop working)