Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud

Default GE Dryer (newer) low heat

wrote:
Thanks... I (think) I tested that blockage and the same amount of air was
coming out of the vent hose as was coming out of the back of the dryer with
no hose on it... However, it still took longer than usual to dry. This am
(with your advise in mind - instead of tearing it apart, again, to meter out
the coils - I did another load with the vent hose hooked up - but, WITH THE
LINT BASKET OUT (your same logic..) And, lo and behold - we had a
reasonably dry load in no time flat... Must be the screen mesh, even though
it "looks" clean, has correded enough over the years to restrict some air
flow.

I would also make sure your washer is spin drying them properly. Maybe
you're drying wetter clothes than normal!