Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Radiant Floor Heating added in a 100-yr old house

"GB" wrote in message
I'm in the process of getting quotes for hydronic radiant floor heating to
be added to my 1st floor of my 100 yr. old house. I live in NH and the
winters are cold and the woeful baseboards can not keep up.
I'm thinking heated floors would be a great addition for
comfort/convenience/efficiency/resale value.

Why does the baseboard not keep up? If the boiler is not putting out
sufficient heat, the radiant heat will be no better. It takes a certain
amount of Btu's to heat the house no matter what type of system you use.

Is the radiant heat going to run off the same boiler or an additional one?
If the same, thee are water temperature considerations. Before you spend a
lot of money, be sure you have the figures as to how much heat you need and
be sure you have the ability to generate it.