Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

Default Are MLCS or Katana router bits on a par with Amana, CMT, Bosch...?

I started my collection with the MLCS 15-piece set. I've been very
happy with it - cuts are smooth, no complaints except a broken 1/4"
straight bit. I was making a 3/8" deep cut in oak with that bit and it
snapped off - called MLCS, and they sent me a new one right away. I've
since added a few bits by Amana and Infinity that are heavier and
nicer, but I'd agree that MLCS bits are more than sufficient for light
use, and their customer service is great. They are FAR better than the
chinese-import 50-piece sets for $50 that you see on ebay or at HF or
whatever - a friend has a set of those, and there's no comparison.
Have fun routing,
Andy