Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Haar

Default recommendations for a digital camera that excels at closeups?

HI,

Grant is correct that he wants a smaller aperture
for greater depth of field. The point of
confusion is that aperture size is actually given
as f/ number. So large numbers give small
apertures.

Thanks
Roger

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:00:01 -0600, the renowned MKnott
wrote:

Grant Erwin wrote:
I often want to shoot a picture of some detail just to post it as an
adjunct to a discussion, as "a picture is worth a thousand words". I
have terrible trouble shooting closeups with digital cameras. I have
finally found the method that yields the best results:

use minimum aperture for max depth of field (f2.8)

Snip

Thanks!

GWE

Grant, I think you have your minimum aperture and depth of field
reversed. You should be shooting at maximum aperture for greatest depth
of field.
Michael

'e wants smaller aperture = higher f-stop, right?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany