Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BillP

Default recommendations for a digital camera that excels at closeups?

its me wrote:
I have had pretty fair success with the Kodak 3.2 MP I bought several years
ago. It isn't the best model I am sure but I am happy with my experience
with it. I think they are about $175 now for a comparable model. It has a
dial setting for close-ups that doesn't use the flash. Since I bought a
tripod most of the problems I was having are solved. The C330 is the closest
to the model I have.
http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US

wrote in message
oups.com...

I take great close-ups ( about 9" away) with my 3 year-old Olympus
C4000Z. Not a $200 camera, but you may find used ones on ebay.

Ed

Grant, I, too have a Sony Mavica and it's served me well for several
years with NO problems or glitches. Macro shots are quite simple to
make and I've never had to use external additional light sources for
shooting.
The Mavicas are now selling in the $100-150 range on ebay now and well
worth the money if they are in decent condition. Gimme an email and I
can send a few .jpg pix made in macro for your perusal.....

Cheers!! Bill in Phx.