Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

Default Alternatives to a Septic Tank...??

On 19 Dec 2005 10:36:25 -0800, "Mike"
wrote:

Thanks

I think I found their site... http://www.apcoltd.co.uk/flashindex.html

Is the "kargester" which you mentioned the name of a septic tank model?

One of the previous posts have it spelt right :-

Klargester Biodisc

There are others, Hepworth did one, at a mindbloing price, I could not
see the different between that and the APCO.

The two main types are the "pumped air bubble through", which has all
the moving parts (an air pump) outside the tank, and a disc, which
sits half in the "mix" and turns lifting some of the mix out, into the
air (all inside the machine)

If you want to discharge into a river, you need to be 100% certain the
machine will clean the muck to a sufficient level. We are also very
carefull never to put paints and the like down the drains.

If you are using a secondary treatment, read beds or soakaway, you can
go for a simple seperator system. I guess you don't have space for
this.

I got the EA people out to my place, and they basicly told me what to
do, for free. I found a counsulant to advise me, who wanted 500 quid
just to turn up, and then he would price the work he needed to do - I
didn't use him.

One other thing to do, is to find a groundwork contrator, thats a
small local company, who will have done many of these type of things.
My guy charged an hour rate, and then did a guarentee of "done in 5
days else extra is free", it was done in less than 2.

Final note, as you are buying a place, you need consent from the
current owner that you can approach the EA. The current arrangment is
probably not completly legal. Once this is a know fact, it has to be
discolsed. If the EA decide to take action - troubble could occour -
its called Cover Your Arse in my line of work.

Rick