Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default car insurance

"It may be a sales pitch, but a reasonable one. I consider 100/300 as
a MINIMUM
these days! "

It's not likely a sales pitch. The difference in premium between say
50/150 and 100/300 is pretty small. And going to 250/500 costs even
less additional. The biggest cost with liability insurance is the
initial piece, because that is the most likely to be paid out. Plus, I
think if an agent wanted to push something, there are much better
products that they earn hefty commissions on, like life insurance.

I remember going to get car insurance as a young college grad many
years ago. The agent, who was a total jerk, kept pushing life
insurance, despite the fact that I had no dependents. He even told me
he had to do that, otherwise I could sue him if he didn't offer it. I
guess he failed to see how that might be difficult from the grave. LOL