Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

Default GMB Union

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
I simply don't subscribe to the notion that a union is a requirement
to make a difference to employment terms and conditions

Are you confident that Hannah Kirkham's life wouldn't have been better if she
had a union rep. and union organisation to support her when bullied by fellow
workers and manager?

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/me..._kfc_girl.html

You refer to sweatshops and illicit labour. Sweat shops are proliferating
today because unions are less strong than they were. The law is too weak in
many areas - along with others around here I'd like to see KFC senior managers
in prison for manslaughter - and there are places and times where only unions
can offer the support that employees need.