Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

Default Sink drain giving trouble - water not draining.

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:24:43 GMT, wrote:

On 19 Dec,
Douglas de Lacey wrote:

Pete C wrote:
On 19 Dec 2005 01:20:37 -0800, wrote:

Hi all.

When i poured boiling water down the plughole, it simply drained away
without a problem. Thought this was strange so filled with hot water

from the tap which again got stuck.

This led me to boil up 3 large pans of water and bring to the boil. i
put in the plughole and filled the sink with boiling water, removed the
plug and it drained away easily. I then filled it with hot tap water
and it drained away fine a couple of times, then got stuck on the 3rd
time again.

Any ideas as to this strange behaviour??? I will try the caustic soda
this weekend.

Hi,

Try pouring a load of boiling water and some detergent _slowly_ down
the plughole then fill sink half full of hot with more detergent and
use full 4pt milk container to flush a load of water down followed by
the half sink full of water.

Wouldn't it be simpler to remove the trap and investigate?
Douglas de Lacey

And then pour the drainings down the sink?

How did you find out??

I thought I had eliminated everyone that saw it!!