Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

Default GMB Union

In article ,
David wrote:
In article , John Cartmell
writes
In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
The track record is poor. Closed shops, restrictive practices,
working to rule, intimidation, secondary picketing, incitement to
violence, political agenda, ......

As I said - you seem to get your 'information' from the Daily Mail. ;-(

Actually John, Andy is right which is why I think union membership has
fallen so much, having witnessed union activity in the car industry I
can confirm all the above, if you are denying any of this goes on then
you need to look into it more.

I wouldn't dream of denying the problems - I fought against them. I do object
to Andy denying the greater problems of abuse of the law and good working
conditions by employers and the good done by unions. I do also know of some
very good employers - who incidentally also encourage trades unions.