Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Septic Frozen?

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:01:31 -0700, "James \"Cubby\" Culbertson"
wrote:

We do put toilet paper down but no "female hygeine"
items.

What a name, eh?

AFAIK, almost everyone with a septic tank uses toilet paper and
flushes it. We did, 7 years for 2 of us, and 4 of those years, 3 of
us. No problems. We had the tank cleaned once in those 7 years
iirc.

(The previous owner had built a patio over the tank, with only a 4
foot hole to access the tank. My mother worried we'd lose the patio,
which would have been hard to repair and we didn't have much money, if
there was ever a big problem, but there never was. I was back there
40 years later, but there was snow on the ground and I couldn't see if
it was the same patio or not.)

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.