Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Abby Normal

Default prog. therm. and heat pump questions

Rod Speed wrote:
Abby Normal wrote

come back and see me when you figured out how to
get multiple systems to share common duct work rookie.

Dont have to share the same ductwork, ****wit.

okay so you are going to instal 3 systems now, three independent duct
systems

Dont even need any ductwork at all with the system
that is used to come off setback at a decent rate.

Okay now the system sized to provide recovery from set back is a
ductless split system. Everyone sleeps with their bedroom doors open
and we run the fan steady on another system to attempt to get the space
temp uniform with in 5 degrees through out the house.

Like I said, read carefully, sound out the big words and think before
you post.

Dont even need multiple systems either if you're happy
to come off setback for the evenings and use passive
solar assist to come off setback earlier in the day.

So now you are admitting then that you need the solar gain from the sun
to recover from setback. I mentioned that earlier. In another post you
seem to say it is okay that it is too cold when you get up for
breakfast by late afternoon the sun will make up for what your system
could not do.

So why set the system back in the first place, just keep it at 65F,
wear the wool socks and a toque under your tin foil cap and you are
comfy plus saving money.

Keep desperately digging, you'll be out in china any day now.