Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

Default GMB Union

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
I did not deny that the scenarios that you described happened to you.
Hopefully the outcomes were satisfactory for all concerned.

Some required more union input than others - some were put right by the
presence of the union rep.

What I did say was that there is no *need* for there to be union
involvement in order for there to be a safe and harmonious working
environment. This is demonstrable from the large number of non-union
businesses.

Unless you can show that non-union shops work to the comfort and well-being of
employees as well as union shops (and you cannot) then you have demotrated
nothing.