Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default GMB Union

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 08:13:18 +0000, Nick Atty
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 21:20:58 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

Nick Atty wrote:

There *are* people who are not particularly articulate, poorly educated,
very shy, insecure, or who go to pieces under stress. They clearly
benefit from being morally supported and advised of the rules.

Agreed...

Obviously, not everybody does. And a Union isn't the only way that help
and support can be given.

Isn't that exactly what Andy was saying all along?

Well I thought he was going further and saying that a union is the wrong
way.

I put it this way.

Clearly there are alternative ways of achieving what a union purports
to do without the political and adversarial baggage that often
accompanies union involvement.

Secondly, I think that individual personal development as a result of
not relying on collective organisations is ultimately of greater
benefit to individuals.

--

..andy