Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis

Default Septic Frozen?

According to George E. Cawthon :
Grandpa Dan wrote:
Cubby,
I don't know where you are living but frost doesn't go any lower than approx
20 inches in the ground. In cases where there is no snow, frost may go as
much as 36''.

Your information on freezing depths is not
correct. Although fairly unusual, frost depths
can go to 6 feet and did so in 1990 near here.
Frost depths of 4-5 feet are fairly common at
elevations of 5000 or more.

While New Brunswick ain't exactly the Rivieria or Florida, most of the rest
of Canada gets colder than that.

In Ottawa, we've had frost to 7 feet a few years ago, but 3'-4' is routine.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est