Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schwab

Default Lubricant

David wrote:
I don't understand how your comment relates to my question regarding the
type of lubricant to use.

The machine is a manual vertical mill. Are you saying the model of mill
effects the type of lubricant used ?

The manual does not specify a specific lubricant, my assumption would be
that fitters and machinists would use some sort of generic lubricant for
this application.

Mike is very correct to ask the question. I have yet to see much
difference in opion on the ways, but spindles range in requirements and
punishment for failing to meet them.

To give you a good answer, folks will need to know "make and model". My
answer was based on the assumption of a 31-ish mill/drill.

Bill