David L Peterson

Default R12 (old) Car Freon Cans (1-2)

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 07:16:51 -0500, David A. Webb
wrote:

Wonder if anyone considered the fact that the ethylene glycol you use
in your radiator is flammable.

Dave

Anybody else notice that the windshiel washer stuff they have in the
buckets at the gas station is VERY flammable? Like we are talking 15
foot diameter fireball if you try to us it to put out an engine fire.
Being as it was winter and the stuff wasn't frozen I should have
clued in, but I was kinda in a hurry as my new spark plug wires were
getting burnt. Was filling with gas at the time, some people are
nervous about somone leaving their engine running while filling, this
one put that in perspective.

If anyone is interested in the whole story let me know, in retrospect
it was really a comical series of events.

Dave