Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Can't get the faucet apart

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:21:32 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"mm" wrote in message
.. .

If that doesn't work, the best tool for that is one of the flexible
rubber disks with loads of rows and columns of tiny bumps. You're
wife might have one. I don't know where you can buy them. I've only
seen them as giveaways, with advertising on them. And they dry out
after about 10 years, so it would be good to know where to buy only
one or two (I know where to buy 500.)

Pond liner works well for things like this. You can find it at garden
centers which deal in backyard pond supplies, and it's sometimes sold by the
foot, from a big roll. It's much tougher than plain rubber, but can be cut
into convenient shapes with scissors. It's thick enough that you can wrap it
around something you don't want to scratch, but still use pliers or a pipe
wrench, and the tool's teeth won't cut through the material.

Thanks a lot. I'll look there. Some girl called me pond scum, so I
had to go there for a remedy anyhow.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.