Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Factory stand for Jet mini

Arch:

As long as you don't have the extension on your lathe you should be
just fine. We use them set up on the metal stand all the time in our
club for teaching and for demos. A huge chunk of wood (for the lathe,
say a 9" chunk of green wood at about 9# or so) at the lathe's capacity
will test this setup and your patience pretty well until you get it
rounded.

After that, it is fine.

When I have demoed on it for our club, it was great as it is so easy to
clean up. My wood stand seems to collect little bits everywhere on it,
and that can be annoying.

Also, they used to teach the bowl classes on them at Woodcraft until
Delta made them a better deal and the guys there never complained
(which is a feat unto itself).

If you were looking for a stand to get started turning, and not spend
time stand building, you will be really happy with this decision.

Robert