Ryan

Default Drill chuck for >.020 drill bit

The smallest Jacobs in my catalog is a Chuck model '0', with a chuck mount
0JT, sleeve finish is smooth, priced at $68 US, from KBC tools. If that
sounds like the one you are referring to, then I will see what some of the
other stores sell it for.

Thanks,
RB

"Boris Beizer" wrote in message
nk.net...
"Charles A. Sherwood" wrote in message
I have a requirement to drill brass set screws with a 1/64

drill bit.

Jacobs makes a nice Keyed drill chuck with a MT0 arbor that will do

the job.
I think its a 5/32 chuck. They are frequently on sale for about

$45.
It is a very short chuck which was really nice when I used it on my

sherline
mill. A 1/8 Albright is good too, but its about twice as long and

costs
over twice as much.

I second that. I have Jacobs #0. Great little chuck. Have it on the
handpiece of my flexible shaft machine. Routinely use drills down to
#87 (0.010) the smallest drill I have. No appreciable runout.

Boris

--

Boris Beizer Ph.D. Seminars and Consulting

TEL: 215-572-5580
FAX: 215-886-0144
Email