Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare

Default Oil-fired Worcester Danesmoor 15-19 Boiler

"Graham Dean" wrote in message
I have an intermittent fault on an oil-fired boiler - 2 to 4 times a day the
boiler will 'lockout' - a safety feature should the flame fail or ignition
fail to give satisfactory start. A visiting engineer has replaced the motor
as he thought the bearings were noisey and perhaps were 'sticking' when they
got hot - this has not solved the problem... He's now stuck as he couldn't
get the fault to replicate whilst he was here - obviously, now he's gone, it
happens - though as I say, on an intermittent basis.

There's a reset button inside - which works everytime to restart it... - but
clearly this is not good as I like the idea of automatic central heating...

Anybody with experience of this type of boiler here who can give any advice
/ pointer where to start looking?

Faults I have experienced with other brands of boiler include:

a) Paper filter on oil tank outlet becoming clogged because it had not been
changed.

b) Air ingress through flexible hoses ( on two pipe supply)

c) Soot build up on photo cell because jet had not been changed.

--

Michael Chare