Posted to alt.home.repair
Keith

Default home depot

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 04:46:31 +0000, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Calvin Henry-Cotnam" wrote in message

My peeve with the self serve checkouts are the people who think there is
one line per station. Most stores that I have seen have them in pairs or
sometimes fours and I will queue up for the group with the intent of using
the next one available, and I let anyone coming after me that is my
intent when it is clear they seem to be scoping out one in particular to
wait for.

I was in WalMart yesterday. We got in line at the regular checkout and I
watched to see who was last in line for the self checkout to see what the
time difference was. What I saw was a couple of amateurs taking their time,
chatting, looking over the merchandise and in general taking about 50%
longer than the paid clerk. It was a toss up. I beat two of the self check
lines, the other two beat me. One needed assistance and for all I know,
they may still be there. Like most things in like, "it all depends"

Hint: Check out at the sporting goods counter. There is never a line and
they'll take anything. I tell my wife to buy me a box of ammo and
check out there. ;-)

--
Keith