Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Septic Frozen?

"calhoun" wrote in message

Normal septic system consists of the tank (which holds and decomposes
solids), this flows into either a leeching pit or a leach field ( which
dispenses the liquid). If tank keeps backing up than the outlet to the
leech system or the leach system itself is plugged. Common cause is roots
in the pipe. If trees/shrubs are allowed to grow in the leech area than
roots area the problem.

The last time it was pumped, the guy did the full inspection and said all
was ok. I don't have any trees or shrubs in the area. I suppose at these
temps, that the thing isn't frozen and I should get it pumped again. At
that time, I'll ask them to do a full inspection of the system, again.
Cheers,
cc