Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default insulating subfloor

wrote in message
oups.com...
The bigger question here is why bother at all? You have a full
basement underneath. None of the homes I've lived in nor any of the
new construction I've seen has insulation under the living space floor
above a full basement, unless they are using radiant heat.

I've seen a few new houses built with insulation on the floor. My neighbor
had to add insulation before his house could be approved for a mortgage. I
think it was FHA or something that required it. New house across the street
from me has it also. Like you, I've never had it and don't really see much
need as the basement has to be kept at least above freezing, maybe more if
you use it on a regular basis.