Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Travis Jordan

Default NTC 5D-9 Thermistor?

larry moe 'n curly wrote:
Raidmax is now supposedly OK and is made by Topower, the same company
that makes Aspire, OCZ, and Tagen. Topower's quality varies, but I
believe that the Raidmaxes are made from the better models. Still,
I'd probably rather buy a Fortron-Source, which can be as little as
$40-50 for a 400-450W model.

I use Raidmax for the low end and Seasonic for high end applications.
Enermax used to be my preferred high end PS but I've had a few problems
recently with their supplies produced in 2002/03 so I'm waiting to see
if they have addressed whatever supplier or design issue caused that.

I have a very well-built OEM PC PSU that has two thermistors, one for
each AC line. One thermistor is fairly large, the other only half its
diameter. What's the purpose of using two different sizes like this?

Good question. Are you sure that they both are thermistors and that one
isn't a fuse link or RF filter?