Posted to rec.woodworking
TeamCasa

Default Lapping? sharpening stones...

"rich"
In my 2nd shop, just getting filled out with stuff, I have some oil
stones for plane blades, chisels. They have gotten pretty worn and
some gouges. Is there a way to remove the dips and gouges more
agressively than with sand paper? Like a brick, or cement block???
Then I can follow up with 120 grit for a final flatening. I was
looking at the patio steps....., but with single digit temps, I decided
to see if someone had been here before.

These are what I use.
http://www.dmtsharp.com/products/duosharp.htm

They work great and fast.