Posted to rec.woodworking
DanG

Default How to remove ball bearings?

I suspect you are not applying enough force to move the bearing.
It looks like the bearing needs to get off by moving to the right
(I do NOT know this for sure). Trap the bearing on top of 2
hardwood scraps and rap the threaded end of the shaft while
protecting the threads with a wood scrap. Make sure you are
pressuring the bearing's inner race when working with the new
bearing. It should not matter on removing the old one.

There is a chance the old bearing had Loktite or similar which
would require mild heat to release. A healthy rap from a hammer
should move the bearing at least a little. WD 40 or similar can't
hurt and might assist in getting it moving.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"SBO" wrote in message
Oups !

The jointed picture was deleted. So, Here is my question again:

I have a Delta table saw and I need to replace the ball
bearings. It work for the firts but doesn't work for the second
one, circled in red at :
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bourque.ass...o/Photo008.jpg
How to remove it?

Thank you !