Posted to uk.d-i-y
john

Default Prius

"mrcheerful ." wrote in message
. uk...

"mike ring" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"mrcheerful
Makes me glad I drive a nice safe petrol car.

There is a nice big pack of info on the Toyota site detailing all the
precautions that first response emergency personnel should take.
Basically the main hazard is electric shock as they run at several
hundred volts.

How much???????

mike

The battery pack is IIRC circa 200 and a bit volts that is put through an
inverter thing to give nearly 500 volts for the motor.
A very interesting car that is great to drive, and very economical on
fuel, but too expensive overall to be any real saving over its life. the
battery pack is about 2000 pounds worth, but does have an eight year
guarantee.

mrcheerful

Obviously a proper Health and Safety Risk Assessment has been carried out
and the precautions are being followed. Better than risk an injury and then
claiming for compensation.

John