Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.real-estate-agents
Robert Hallsey

Default HOAs - your opinions?

"JerryL" wrote:

And it doesn't seem to hurt property values.

Did it ever occur to you that there is zero building in San Francisco so the
existing homes are priced so high?

No, twenty-six years living in SF, and it has never occurred to me that
prices are so high because there is zero building.

Besides, prices are high because San Francisco is a desirable place to
live. Take away that desirability, and it doesn't matter if there is or
isn't any building going on.

Anyway, the thread is about HOAs and the huge controll that a small number
of people can exert over other people's property. I still think that local
ordinances take care of antisocial behavior better than CCNRs do.