Posted to alt.home.repair
Nehmo

Default Can't get the faucet apart

?
http://lawsupply.net/brass_ware/fauc...hler/index.htm
?
"Thad Smith" wrote in message
ews.com...
The 21 year old bathroom sink is starting to leak. After taking off

the
decorative faucet handle, I can only see a metal tab (what do you call
that?) to be used to loosen to take the faucet apart. When I tried to
turn CCW that with a small, then large crescent wrench, I applied so
much pressure that I was worried that something would break, but it
hasn't come loose yet.

Photos are he
http://home.ionsky.com/~thadsmith/faucet1.jpg
http://home.ionsky.com/~thadsmith/faucet2.jpg

The top metal piece seems to be the only way to take it apart. You

can
see in the photo that it started to warp from the high torque. Do I
keep cranking until something happens (and hope I don't bust

something)?

--
Thad