Posted to rec.woodworking
mike hide

Default Early 19th Century Tools - What do you think?

"Rodger" wrote in message
ups.com...
I acquired a toolbox and some tools that seem to be from the early
1800's. If you're interested in seeing them and perhaps commenting on
them, please visit http://www.netcrafting.com/tools. I would really
appreciate knowing what some of these are for. If you're so inclined,
let me know if you think they're valuable at all. Thanks!

Seems to me some of the pieces are early nineteenth century and some
relatively modern .So from all accounts the toolbox has been in use for at
least 4 or 5 generations and added to by susequent owners .

I do not think the owner was a flag buff persay .The U.S. flag is and has
been a favorite decoration in America since it's inception to this day . In
the early eighteenth century it must of been of particular pride as the it
indicated a fledgling country that had survived and prospered .

The nametag is probably recent as it appears to be aluminum, however the box
itself is probably the most valuable thing and should remain as is if that
value is to be maintained...