Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Electrical Question, Help

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 16:59:12 GMT, "Rick" wrote:

"Pat" wrote in message
Well since I put each grounding wire to the green screw on each

switch.
The switch that goes to the outside won't turn on the light.

what I noticed is that the box for some reason does not have a screw

fasten a pigtail. All the rest in the house do.

That's why the stores have packs of pretty green grounding screws.
Generally, they aren't supplied with the box...

Silly me. I took it to mean there was no screw and no screw hole
either. You didn't make that mistake.

A screw hole is as good as a screw for someone with extra screws or a
place to get them..

I guess there's a possibility they aren't connected to any ground wire
at the other end of the runs so they were just left hanging out
there....

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.