Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Gregory

Default Cable sizes

"Peter Ramm" wrote in message
Is 4sqmm being phased out (can't see it on Screwfix) - if so, does
that mean that you will have to use 6sqmm when you would previously
have used 4?

I posted earlier in the thread : Subject: Electric Double Oven Supply
but no responses yet
- surely some of the connectors (eg cooker) which would previously
take 2 * 4sqmm cables will not take not 2 * 6sqmm?
--
Pete Ramm
LID

Stamp out Spam - See my anti-spam pages:
http://www.spamfreezone.org

Sorry I did not research earlier. I assume you checked full kW rating of the
double-oven and calculated its peak AC current. You mentioned 30A.
Try QVS for discount cable, still both 4mm2 and 6mm2 T&E available, either
sold per metre or per reel.
2.5mm2 handles 19A max and is for ring main/spur power wiring only.
http://www.qvsdirect.co.uk/acatalog/..._6242Y_89.html
Jim