Posted to alt.home.repair
chocolatemalt

Default The Dielectric Union

In article .com,
"chickenwing" wrote:

evodawg wrote:
chickenwing wrote:

how come I wasn't told about this

Uhhhhh, ya think maybe that's why you have plumbers? Maybe at 90.00/hr they
don't want to give all their secrets away.

--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

I also learned that a sanitary T cannot lay flat.
now this d.u.
i learned what a trap under a sink was for (silly but true)

anymore $90 hr secrets?

just one more, lemme get just one more

*when you can't think just use knoppix live

I found these "secrets" and much more in "Remodel Plumbing" by Rex
Cauldwell. Lots of good info and photos, very useful for the amateurs.
The book is part of Taunton's series "For Pros By Pros" but I'm not sure
the pros would actually need it.

"The Complete Guide to Home Plumbing" by Black & Decker is also nice for
filling in some gaps from the first book (e.g. extensive rundown on pipe
types and uses). Both books are dirt cheap compared to potential repair
bills.