Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default Exterior painting - How do you paint the underside of horizontalsurfaces?

clipped
I'm wondering also how long I can delay painting after applying my prime
coat.

The advice I received from my local paint store was to put a flat top
coat on of a neutral color. It will be better protection than primer
only, and being flat, paint will stick to it better in six months. Of
course, you'll still have to wash it before repainting.

Cheers, Wayne

IMO, it is a whole lot simpler to do both in same job. Many primers can
be painted over within hours, and getting it all done better for paint
and primer. Primers vary in length of time before painting; read label.
Doing the prep/cleanup twice makes more work.