Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hinz

Default Any Saw Stop Owners

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:52:23 -0500, Upscale wrote:
"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

My refrigerator has had zero seconds of downtime in about 8 years.
Likewise my pencil sharpener; it always works. And so on. 6 nines
isn't remarkable for uncomplicated machinery.

You've converted 99.9999% into a few seconds of time as balanced against a
year. To me being effective means how many times has it been used and
maintained that effectiveness.

I'm pointing out that measurement statistics are useless when you can
just change the unit of measure to shift the digits around.

And face it, we're talking about a Sawstop which is considerably more
complicated than anything you'd label as uncomplicated machinery. If it fell
into that category, my guess is that it would have been on the market years
ago.

I'd say it's about as complicated as a refrigerator, maybe less so.
That's why I chose that and not, say, a yard stick.