Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB

Default engineering calculation needed

Just one more question.

Well, maybe two.

When I DO get this thing running, I want to leave off the center standoff
until I make one 200# lift, where I will measure the center deflection at
midpoint. Just for my own curiosity, and I say it will be less than one
inch. But I will surely do a slow lift, and measure it so that if it does
deflect a LOT, it won't fail with the load too high.

If that goes good, I will install the center standoff, knowing about how
much deflection it is stopping.

What other areas should I be concerned about watching/monitoring/testing?

I know the obvious, obviously, but anything that would give you guys answers
to theories you are forming about this device?

Steve