Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default GMB Union

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 17:04:50 +0000 (GMT), John Cartmell
wrote:

In article , Capitol
wrote:
I've never seen a union representative point out health and safety points
in the industries I've been associated with. They just don't know enough
about the processes.

Most unions run H&S courses and the TUC has produced them for unions that
don't run their own. The one I attended was far superior to any company course
including classroom learning, practical tests, research projects, reference
material, and continuing support. Some workplaces do suffer from poor union
representatives, partially because of the poor public perception of unions
that Andy is perpetuating. The answer is to give unions and union reps the
status their valuable work deserves and reap the reward of good reps in even
more places. One reason for my anger at Any's repeated lies.

Your anger is purely and simply because one of your perceived
justifications for unions has been challenged and you are not able to
deal with what you take as being criticism.

All of the things that you describe such as H&S courses are of course
worth having. However, it does not require involvement of a union to
achieve them.

--

..andy